One who has a Blogger account already has a Picasa account - you can login to it from Picasaweb with your Google user name and password as usual and there is no need to install Picasa on the home computer. For Blogger images Picasa has corresponding albums created - named the same as the blog, marked with the Blogger and Unlisted icons.
- The first inconvenience for image managing is that all of them are stored in the same blog album as bulk;
- The second is that addresses (URL) assigned by Blogger to the images directly uploaded to a post are different from their addresses you can see in Picasa.
- to upload them directly to Picasa, so they can be easily managed in the Picasa environment;
- It's possible to assign tags to pictures in order to keep them organized, but I find it more convenient to group them in different albums (PostIcons, for instance, to keep all icons for post/topic types), not just in the default blog albums
- as a consequence of mentioned above use only direct link from Picasa to put a picture into a post.